Downtown Farmers' Market - Safely Shop Outside and Support Local Businesses!
Posted on July 16, 2020.
The Downtown Farmers' market is back in action every Friday from 11am to 2pm at San Pedro Square. The market will be open exclusively for seniors and those with health vulnerabilities from 10am to 11am. Shopping at the market is a great way to get outdoors and support local businesses! However, there are plenty of new measures in place to ensure everyone's safety:
Changes at the market:
- Booths spaced 10? apart whenever possible
- Hand-washing stations or hand sanitizer available
- Customer access to stalls restricted
- Booths have designated area for customers to wait
- Farmers bag all items
- Farmers and market staff wear masks and gloves if handling money
How you can help:
- If you are sick, stay home
- Wash your hands before you get to the market
- Wear a mask at all times
- Always practice social distancing – especially in line
- Minimize the size of your group
- Service pets only
- Know what you want before it’s your turn
- Buy pre-bagged items when possible
- Shop quickly to limit crowding and socializing
- Pay with a card, small bills or exact change
- Don’t eat or drink at the market
- Thank your farmer!